Monday, December 17, 2007

One Year

It didn't seem right to let today go by without marking it in some small way, at least. SOME kind of eulogy seemed in order. And so...


365 days


An entire lifetime


Since I saw your stupid face


Since I knew


The sound of your laughter


The smell of your skin


The touch of your fingertips


The ache of deprivation


I think about you often


And I wonder if you're happy


I wonder if you miss me


Truth be told


I don't miss you


I don't ache anymore


I'm happy now


I've healed quite well


From the bloody, mangled mess


My heart was in when you were here


It beats quietly and steadily now


As it was meant to


Life's looking good


And for once


I want you to be happy too


Because I've grown up


In the 365 days


Since I saw your stupid face

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww baby.. me dont remem no date to count:( otto do?

Ri said...

Mommy,

You're better off not counting. You'd drive yourself (and everyone around you) crazy.

Fang,

No, you don't. No, wait!

How would I know?

Anonymous said...

get over him already.

eshda3wa said...

sometimes stupid faces will do that!

life!

Ri said...

Anonymous,

Yessir *salute*

Esha,

That's the way it goes, no?

Anonymous said...

Well, now you do.

♀ L's brain ♀ said...

your posts sometimes melt my heart. You owe me chocolate :)

Ri said...

fang,

Yes, now I do. And no, you don't.



*gives L's brain one stick of Twix*

Unknown said...

Cheers!

Peach said...

allah ykhisich bacheteeni :/ *snif*

Happy New Yr :)

Peach said...

erm .. sorry, I just noticed the I'm not even Arab post before this one :p That last comment ment something like .. god (something something) you brought tears to my eyes .. its hard to translate the something something part :P

Ri said...

Peachy,

Something, something works just fine.
I gets it :D

Anonymous said...

i love this...total closure

Jeana said...

LOVE IT!:D